Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The lines are never blurry

What is the best part about being in your family? The lines are never blurry when it comes to knowing who your family is, and that they are there to support you no matter what.

Sounds like it could be rather dysfunctional. Maybe so. I'm so blessed with having a strong, supportive family. I realize not everyone has that opportunity.

I know who my people are, where they come from and are fortunate to know most of them. It's great knowing that you have family.

It's interesting to see your resemblance in old photos of long dead family members. I always want to know more about the people in the photos. What were they like, the circumstances of the photo, what they had to eat, where they were headed? Were they like me?

The mystery of the things we didn't know about the family in the photos reinforce my bonds and allegiance to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment