Monday, February 13, 2012

A Clearing to a New View

If you look past the fence you can see my new view. After a month of Saturdays, literally, clearing brush from the hillside, we are rewarded with this awesome view.  And oh, by the way, I didn't have to have a "snow resentment"  today. I got to stay home and watch it snow.  Doesn't the snow accentuate the pond nicely?
Just past this fence you see the deer family. Just a few minutes before they were all on the other side of the fence. The foraging for food was a little difficult today for them.
The writing prompt today is my thoughts on the phrase "blood is thicker than water". I've pondered this for a short time this evening. Literally, of course, we know that blood is thicker than water. My understanding of this phrase throughout my life was that family ties bound us closer than non-relational ties. I was raised to believe this. I'm unclear as to where the water comes in now, and will be anxious to see what others have to say about this. I would just like to listen tonight, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment