Monday, March 5, 2012

Space songs

Hubble Colliding Spiral Galaxies
Would you rather travel to space or go deep into the ocean?

 I recently considered  what it would be like to be several hundred feet under the water. Since I've never learned to skin dive, I can only imagine. I have to admit that I love water and the ocean, but I'm not crazy about being submerged. I am a little too claustrophobic. Just the thought of being under something that large gives me a heavy feeling in my chest.

Then I began to think of music.

My first thought was Major Tom and David Bowie's "Space Oddity".

Then Elton John's "Rocket Man"....what are the lyrics to that song?

What about the powerful theme from Star Wars?

There is "way more cooler" music devoted to space than underwater.

When I googled 'songs about outer space', I came up with a long list of familiar titles and artists.

Googling 'songs about under water' gave me far less results.

I'm comfortable with my choice tonight. I'll go to sleep with Jiminey Crickett singing in my head:
When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream...



http://www.blogher.com/nablopomo-soup-add-your-march-postshttp://www.blogher.com/nablopomo-soup-add-your-march-posts

2 comments:

  1. I had the same reaction to the ocean that you did, a claustrophobic feeling.
    You are right, outer space seems way cooler, you know with the diamonds in the sky and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda! I forgot to mention Lucy in the Sky song, and had thought of it. Yeah, lots more sky songs! Love the waves of the ocean, I feel in touch with the universe there.

      Delete