Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Superstitious beginnings

Today's prompt brings to my mind, the superstitions passed down from my family. But I suppose any superstition probably begins with the family of origin or the environment. There were many superstitions probably familiar to most people, but one of my personal favorites, and one that I always remember, but don't always heed is the superstition regarding beginning tasks on Friday that you can't finish in the same day. My grandmother always steered clear of starting a large project on Friday that she couldn't finish the very same day. I'm sure there is a historically significant explanation for this superstition. The only explanation I received in my superstition training was that it was not good to start something on Friday that  you couldn't finish in the same day, and then there were references to the end of the week.  I'm really glad that this blog challenge didn't start on a Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Ha. So funny. Look what I wrote yesterday (2nd paragraph). Weird? Or...just on our collective minds?

    http://www.reddirtchronicles.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-life-in-a-committed-relationship-its-usually-one-thing/

    See ya, Red Dirt Kelly

    ReplyDelete