I began my project, that I've put off for over a year now. I like to think I had good reason to take so long in finishing this part of our house. But breast cancer does have a way of taking some of your time and energy. So now that we're past all that, I got back to my brick painting. I wanted to give our house a little contrast and paint the interior walls on my front porch. I didn't want the paint to completely cover the brick. I wanted it to have a light, washed effect. So here is the wall with all the windows.
This would be the point in my preparation that I began to anticipate what it was going to look like. So I decided to start painting before I had all four windows covered. I had a strategy, not a very good one, as it turned out, but I had one. This would create problems for me later, but it all worked out in the end. My eagerness usually creates extra work for me. But hey, I like hard work.
And this is how the first wall looks when completed. Next I'll turn the corner. I have two more walls to paint. I've watered down my paint, 3 parts water/ one paint, and am spraying it from a hand sprayer.
And here's a shot of the house, just a little too far away to see the painted wall, but you get an idea of where this is going. The color matches the siding on either side of the chimney. Next I'll paint the front walls on either side of the chimney. My husband, the Bear, is quite apprehensive about this project. He's a brick mason, laid all the brick on this house, and it's against brick mason law to paint brick. I hope he forgives me when this is done!